Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In Loving Celebration


Juanita Jones

The little cute lady on the far right is my Great-Grandmother. She passed away yesterday after 92 amazing years here on this earth. Words cannot describe the sadness that my family feels to have lost such an inspirational women. Yesterday she met Jesus and I know she is celebrating! She rejoined her husband who passed away exactly 11 years ago today. 

Dear Granny,
Thank you for the example you laid out for me. You left a legacy! 
Yesterday I got a birthday card in the mail from you. I will treasure it always. Your sweet words are ringing in my ears. The card talked about being made for a beautiful purpose. Thank you for your constant encouragement!
I'm so happy that you were able to be at my shower in December and that I was able to come out and eat with you and meet some of your friends at the cafe. Such a great last memory of you!
Thanks for never letting us cheat on any games! I'm still a rule follower because of it. 
Thanks for never caring that you were getting old and embracing each day for what it was with a huge smile on your face!
I loved your since of humor and would like to think I got mine from you. 
Your house was always warm and inviting. I will never forget every Sunday after church coming to see you and papaw and eating all the candy we wanted! I still to this day make your peanut butter cookies with Reese's Cups! It was a huge hit around here at Christmas! 
I always knew even if it was Jake's birthday that Granny would be there and she would give me a little gift too. I want to pass on that heart to my daughter. You would have loved Ella! She is sweet just like you. I know that you will be watching over her from heaven now. You are probably already holding my sweet angel baby in your arms! 
Please give Papaw Jones and big hug from me and tell him I love him and miss him dearly. 
Most of all I want to thank you for serving God. For teaching me about God's love. For serving Him with your entire being. For not only talking about it but living it. For showing me what it means to be a Godly wife. I am so privileged to have grown up with a Great-Grandmother like you. I love you so much and miss you so much already that it hurts. I remember at Papaw's funeral the Pastor said "he has gone on a long trip to heaven but we will be seeing him soon". I'll see you soon Granny! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss Mallory, but it is gain to be with our savior! What a sweet letter to your granny, she sounds like an AWESOME woman, just like you! Hugs and love, Lara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!